Monday, March 15, 2010

Green is not your color, Boo

I recently read a quote “Envy has no place in your life. If God is blessing your neighbor, He is in your neighborhood.” I just love this. I don’t think I have honestly ever envied anyone for any real reason that I have wanted to be them except….. To clarify I have envied people, like Beyonce because I love Jay-Z and she got to him before I could. I don’t want to be her or be like her, I just clearly have too much free time. Or all the ladies who know Trey Songz familiar enough to call him Tremaine, I’m just saying. Oooooo and Eve as what's her face in "Barber Shop" or Halle Berry as Janie in "Their Eyes Were Watching God." I also love Michael Ealy and again I have waaayyy tooo much free time.

Now for the except part; I have and at times still do, envy the relationships some of my friends have with their families. I don’t want to be those friends, but more so long for the relationships, luckily for me, those friends have welcomed me into their families and their families have willing or not so willing accepted me.

Now that we have that all cleared up, back to the point. Although, I know God is everywhere, I have never really thought of it exactly in that sense. God has always been in my neighborhood and times when I didn’t even know it, He was staring me in the face, but I was too busy complaining about something else.

I am learning slowly but most certainly surely, that even the little things that happen are God’s blessings and although, I love for the big things to happen, I am all about the little things. Take for instance; I have one of those headphone type earpieces for my phone. The little cushion thingy kept falling off one of the ear buds and every time I thought it was a goner. One day I noticed it was off again, and this time I JUST knew I wasn’t going to find, but I had to walk around the back of my car and there it was laying on my bumper. Now mind you I had driven to the track and back and don’t remember being behind my car for to be there, but it was, the little thing:).

We spend too much time trying to keep up with the Joneses that we miss out on the little things. It’s so much easier to get wrapped up in the “blessings” that we think others are receiving that we don’t see what daily blessing God is handing out to us every day.

God is in our neighborhoods, but we aren’t opening our doors or we are being impatient and keep opening the door just long enough to see if He has left our neighbor’s and is on His way to us or checking our watches because WE think He should have been here by now. I am by no means saying I have it all figured out because I am certainly still learning, but I love learning and am enjoying these revelations. I’m very impatient, but when it comes to God, I know He only shows up when He says and when He shows up He shows out.

I don’t know my neighbors because I don’t talk to strangers, but I know God is in my neighborhood because He is always with me, especially those times when I am falling down and think I can’t take it anymore. So until next time, live, love, laugh and cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment